Need cd progam to run my wireless notebook adapter
Need the cd to install my wirelles adapternote book adapter for linksys wpc54gs ver.2
Internet connection was established, and then lost after several months. I cannot get the internet at all now on my wiereless. I have re-installed the Linksys program, and tested my Linklys router using the ping test from my desktop which is hardwired into the modem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You might want to make sure that your wireless adapter is enabled. Depending on what operating system you will need to go into your network connections area and enable it.If you have a laptop make sure that the switch has been turned on. It is usually located on the front side of the laptop.
- check if the adapter met the system requirements
- uninstall any previous wireless adapters installed in the computer
- insert the adapter
- wait if the adapter gets detected
- if it's detected it'll ask for the setup CD.
- run through the recommended option first and if it fails choose the advanced option
- manually browse for the drivers that your system requires using the CD
- if it still fails, try downloading the most recent the drivers for the adapter
- if it fails again, try installing the adapter to a different computer.
- if the adapter still won't work with the other computer its defective
There's a possibility that the adapter is defective. However, you may still try the following:
1. Make sure to uninstall the software if you still have it installed. Remove it from the Programs list or under Add/Remove Programs.
2. Check Device Manager and make sure adapter is not under Network Adapters nor Other Devices. It might be called Network Controller if driver is not installed correctly.
3. Unplug card, shutdown computer and when PC is powered off, plug card back and restart computer.You may insert the CD on this process, but do not run/continue the CD setup wizard.
4. When computer is back on, you should get a Found New Hardware bubble message or wizard.
Just finish the wizard and tell me how it went. Goodluck!