Netflix content error sony bravia tv
I have two Sony TVs (KDL-46HX729 and KDL-55EX700) and suddenly three weeks ago, I got nothing but
"Content Error" every time I tried to stream any Netlix content.
All other internet content worked fine. I could see my Netflix queue
and make changes to it, but couldn't view any title on either TV.
Netflix worked fine on all other devices. Netflix said
all was fine on their end (after deactivating and reactivating the account on
Sony said all was fine on their end (after factory reset).
all was fine with the line.
Router manufacturer said all was fine with the router. Speedtests revealed plenty of speed for streaming.
At some point, I also was told to change primary and secondary dns on the TVs to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11). No effect.
Finally, Sony suggested I create a new (free
trial) Netflix account and lo and behold that account worked fine. Netflix said I could just use that new
account, although they could see nothing wrong with my old account. I was
about to do that, but had the fear that this problem would just happen again
and I'd be back to square one. Finally, deep in an internet search
yesterday, I found someone who said they had fixed a similar problem by
deleting their Netflix instant queue. I tried it (I was about to lose my
queue anyway by switching to a brand new account). So, I deleted all items in my queue.
Made no immediate difference, but I tried Netflix again after a few hours
and IT SUDDENLY WORKED FINE. 24 hours now and Netflix is still fine on
both TVs. My fingers are crossed. I suspect it has something to do with the way Sony TVs buffer the content; the large number of items in the queue were taking up space somehow.