My Food Saver V3835 will not seal canisters. It seals bags AOK but there appears to be no vacuum generated through the extension tube. We have tried several different canisters and covers. I have also...
The negative pressure is very slight and almost not detectable when using canisters for food storage. Once the system is activated, and allowed to run until timed out, the canister should have pulled all the oxygen from the canister. Foodsaver only canisters are designed for the V3835 for vacuum sealing.
How to Vacuum Package Using Your FoodSaver® Vacuum
NOTE: FoodSaver® Vacuum Packaging Canisters can only be used with
a FoodSaver® appliance that has an Accessory Port. Please check your
QuickStart Guide to see if your appliance has one.
1. Place your FoodSaver® appliance on a fl at, dry surface and plug the power
cord into a standard electrical outlet.
2. Place the item(s) to be vacuum packaged inside the canister. Leave at least
one inch (1”) between the contents and the rim of the canister.
3. Wipe rim to ensure it is clean and dry.
4. Place the lid on top of the canister. If the canister has latches, put them
in an upright position so that the lid fi ts on the base. Push the latches
downward until they snap into place.
5. Insert one end of the Accessory Hose into the Accessory Port on your
6. Insert the other end of the Accessory Hose into the hole on the top of the
canister lid. Twist the gray tip of hose while inserting to ensure a tight fi t.
7. Follow the steps for vacuum packaging as outlined in your QuickStart
8. Remove the Accessory Hose from the Accessory Port on the appliance
before vacuum packaging in FoodSaver® Bags.
Allow hot foods to cool to room temperature before vacuum packaging. Otherwise, the
contents may bubble up out of the canister.
How to Open the FoodSaver® Vacuum Packaging Canister
To open, press and hold down the gray rubber button in the center of the lid
until you no longer hear air escaping. This will release the vacuum and allow you
to easily remove the lid.
Sep 04, 2010 |