Question about Computers & Internet
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser
window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up
in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access
through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal
from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router
is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Aug 17, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Jun 29, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Blue Console
Feb 28, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Jan 16, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Red Console
Jan 01, 2011 | Nintendo DSi Matte Blue Console
Dec 06, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 23, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Jan 24, 2010 | Nintendo DSi White Console
Apr 25, 2009 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!