Question about Computers & Internet
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
4. The power button could be bad.
5. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!