- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you replace the fuser with a new Lexmark fuser or a refurbished unit? The original Lexmark units have a chip in them that resets the counter when installed. However this only works the first time the fuser is installed. If you install a used fuser in a different printer it will not reset the counter.
Thank you for the inquiry.
This is a common occurrence after fuser replacement and no information is in the manual.
1) Press the 3 and 9 buttons at the same time in the ready status. 2) "Reset
Menu" will appear on the LCD. Scroll to Fuser by pressing up arrow or down arrow
button then press the OK button. 3) "1. Reset 2. Exit" appears on the LCD.
Press the 1 button to reset the fuser counter. The display briefly shows
The machine returns to the ready status after a few seconds.
I hope We've provided you useful assistance and that this information allows you to make an informed decision as to how to proceed from here. Please be sure to vote on my response.
I hope I've earned a good rating from you today.
Please post a comment if you need additional assistance so that I can help you further.
Press 3 and 9 at the same time. This gets you to a hidden counter reset menu. Brother support was not able to give me this information said I had to take the printer to a service shop. Fortunately, one of the shops told me this information. Ooooo. Big secret. What B.S. !!!
This message appears when the printer cannot recognize the fuser - probably because you haven't reseted the counter. Make sure it's properly installed. If it is then you will need to perform the reset procedure
1. Press Additional Functions Key 2. Press # key 3. Arrow to number 7, Printer and press Set 4. Arrow to number 4, Printer Re-Set and press Set. 5. Press Yes, re-set printer (hit minus key - back arrow). 6. Unplug the machine and plug it back in.
Hope that this helps you.
Resetting Fuser Life
This procedure restarts the counter that tracks Fuser life. Perform this procedure after
you install a new Maintenance Kit.
To reset the fuser:
1. From the Main Menu, select Information, then press the OK button.
2. Select Supplies Info, then press the OK button.
3. Select Reset Fuser Life, then press the OK button.
4. Select Reset Fuser Life NOW, then press the OK button to reset the fuser life