Question about Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet Printer
There are two ways to fix this:
First Solution - Clean the Absorber pads
The absorber pads is filled with waste ink. Access the printer to get these two absorber pads and clean it with soap and running water. After cleaning return it back. To access the printer, first open the top cover for the ink cartridge. The absorber pads are seated under the cartridge carrier, when the cover is open the cartridge carrier will move to the middle leaving the two absorber pads accessible. Use a tweezer to lift up the pads.
Second Solution - Reset the Printer to clear the error
1. Turn off the printer (but make sure power cable is plugged in wall outlet).
2. Press and hold down the Stop/Reset button
3. While holding the Stop/Reset button, press and hold down Power button.
4. While holding down the Power button, release the Stop/Reset button.
5. While still holding the Power button, press the Stop/Reset button twice.
6. Now release the Power button.. (wait until it display "service mode")
7. Press the Stop/Reset button four times
8. Turn off the printer
When you turn on again the printer it will surely works again.
Much appreciated if you could give a four thumbs up rating for this solution.
Thank you for using Fixya.
Posted on Sep 14, 2010
You can try to reset the cartages this may do it Please call back let us know if it worked for you, PLEASE.
But some time when you get the chance do clean the waste tank out.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
May 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 30, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
May 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 06, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 13, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
13,106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: