Replacing An Ink Cartridge
Use the following procedure to replace empty ink cartridges or when an ink cartridge error appears.
Note: After confirming that the scanning unit support is fixed into position, release your hands.
- Confirm that the printer is powered on
- Lift the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) with both hands, and pull the Scanning Unit Support down into place (A).
3. Press down on the semi-circular tab located on the top of the cartridge to release the cartridge and then remove it. Note: Handle the ink cartridges carefully to avoid staining clothes and surrounding work area.
4. Remove and replace each cartridge individually. Or, remove the second cartridge after the first has been removed.
5. Take out a new cartridge from its casing and gently remove the orange protective tape in the direction of the arrow.
Note: - Do not attempt to reattach the protective tape once you have removed it.
- Do not touch the gold electrical contacts or the print head nozzles after removing the protective tape.
6. Insert the ink cartridge into the ink cartridge holder.- Black: the left slot- Color: the right slot**One
black cartridge and one color cartridge must be installed in the
machine in order for the printer to operate. It does not matter if the
capacities (Standard or High) do not match.
up on the front of the cartridge until it locks into place. (A click
sound will be heard when the cartridge is locked in place.)
8. Confirm that the ink cartridges are installed properly.
<1> The ink cartridge is not installed properly.
<2> The ink cartridge is installed properly.
- Fold the scanning unit support and close the scanning unit (printer cover).
- Wait until the preparatory operation is complete; it takes about one to two minutes.
I hoe it helps!!!