Question about Intel (RK80532PG0881M) Pentium 4, 3 GHz Processor
I have a Pentium 4 64 bit processor but i run Windows XP(32 bit) on it. Can the 64 bit edition (Windows XP x64) work on it?
The answer is no because your motherboard still only supports 32 bit drivers. Read On.
Here's what you need to use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Important: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition cannot be successfully installed on x86 (32-bit) systems or 64-bit Intel Itanium–based systems. 32-bit device drivers are not supported on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
• Computer with a supported processor: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support
• 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended
• 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard-disk space (additional space may be required if installing over a network)
• CD-ROM or DVD drive
• Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
• Keyboard, Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
Top of page Additional items or services required to use certain Windows XP features • 28.8-Kbps modem or fax modem and service provider required for Internet access (service provider may charge a fee)
• Sound requires a sound card and speakers (USB speakers require a computer with USB support) or headphones
• Remote Assistance requires that both parties be running Windows XP and be connected over a network
• Remote Desktop requires a computer running Windows 95 or later and the two computers must be connected over a network
• DVD video playback requires a DVD drive and DVD decoder card or DVD decoder software and 8 MB of video RAM
• Windows Movie Maker video capture feature requires an appropriate digital or analog video capture device and 400-MHz or faster processor for digital video camera capture
Posted on May 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Intel Pentium/Xeon family with EM64T
Windows XP Professional Edition
Service Release 2
Intel Pentium/Xeon family
Intel Celeron family
AMD Opteron family
Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 4
Usually answered in minutes!