Question about Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
I have an Acer Aspire 4720Z laptop that came with Windows Vista. I do not want Vista and have succeeded in removing it from the system. But I cannot install Windows XP on it. The installer comes up with the message that it is unable to detect a hard drive on the system.
Yu need to go to the the bios before you start the installation and change the Sata hard disk mode to IDE.then it will detect the hard disk.
Posted on May 14, 2008
Go to this weblink
under MS windows XP
F6 Intel SATA HDD Driver Floppy Utility Driver
Save it on your desktop, " Keep in mind you are going to need a usb Floppy Drive to do so "
It has a step-by-step how to do it.
I use it and it worked just fine i could not stand VISTA and this is the only way i did it and i'm running xp just fine on my acer extensa 4620Z
XP installation SOP:
1. Put the WinXP SP2 CD disc to DVD-ROM.
2. Plug in USB Floppy with AHCI driver disk to system USB port. (*a)
3. Power on system and press “F2” key to enter BIOS.
5. System starts installation.
4. Set boot priority 1:CD/DVD 2:IDE0 3:USB FDD then restart.
6. Please press “F6 key” for several times while you see the “Press F6 if you…….” is displayed below the screen.
7. After about 3~4 minute, the system appear “Windows Setup”screen.
8. Press “S key” , then select “Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller(Mobile ICH8M-E/M)”.
9. The system will load AHCI driver through the USB floppy disc, then press “Enter key”.
10. The system can identify the SATA HDD and start installation successfully, check the system without appear bluescreen.
*a AHCI creation SOP
1. Copy the f6flpy32.exe file to your PC.
2. Plug in USB Floppy with empty disc to your PC USB port.
3. Execute the f6flpy32.exe file to generate the AHCI driver disc.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
Since your laptop uses a S-ata hard drive it wont be detected by xp unless you use a Floppy disk with the correct s-ata drivers from acer website.
Only option is to use a floppy disk, to my knowledge you cant use a usb memory or anything else, I suppose modifying the xp installation disk and adding the drivers there might do it but That's too complex, as your laptop most likely doesn't have a floppy drive the best choice would be to install xp into the hard drive from another pc. Just to the part where the files are copied to the hard drive and its ready to Begin the installation with the visual interface (where you can use mouse and set a few settings etc)
I would say its going to be hard and painfull to get it done.
If this solution was any help at all please rate it as helpful or fixya. And if you need anything else let me know, you can ask me 24/7 by clickingon the ask me button, I will answer in most cases within 24hours.
Thanks and good luck!
Posted on May 05, 2008
Yaar mujhe laptop ki window karni hai to us me cd room nahi hai to me usb se karaha hoon per usb se bi nahi ho raha hai
Posted on Jun 04, 2013
Is there any sites where i can get the system drivers of Acer aspire 4720z for windows xp operating system.i haave the drivers but it not compatible with xp os but vista only.if any body has done it kindly provide me the link & mail me the same on [email protected].
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
Press F2 ... go to main menu option .. change the drive mode from SATA to IDE ... THEN INSTALL IT WORKS WELL... bcoz i too had the same problem ....
Posted on May 27, 2008
You have to integrate the SATA AHCI driver to your windows XP CD. By doing this you will be able to install the OS. The process of integration is given in the link below:
They have given a detailed description in the site.Hope this will work.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Oct 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Mar 27, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Jun 09, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
May 15, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Apr 23, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
Feb 15, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
2,918 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: