- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem may lie in one of the following: 1.) Input the right password. For example, if the Wlan router is using WEP or WPA, input the right password in the connecting device. 2.) Be sure that the WLAN router and the connecting device to use the same frequency, whether it is using 802.11a/b/g/n. 3.) Check the Router if it is supplying IP address and if it is sufficient.
i have just solved this problem on the SE 587, hope it works for you.
1) in internet explorer type 192.168.1.1, which should bring up your router settings - then select "wireless" and then "basic wireless settings" - under "auto channel" set it to "disable" and the set "wireless channel" to "1" , then "save settings" - my pc briefly went offline and quickly came back.
2) when setting up the connection on the wii you need the code from the bottom of the router - make sure you have "caps lock" ON on the wii when you set up.
3) now everything works perfectly on the wii - you dont even need the pc on! just the router.
A flashing ADSL light on the router means its not getting constant broadband signals. Make sure it is connected to the adsl filter without any extensions and the filter should be directly connect to the main phone socket and not to an extension socket. Also check if the phone socket has 1 or more than 1 ports on it. If it has two port its most likely a SSFP socket which does not require a filter as it is inbuit.If all the connections are fine try changing da filter.
I have solved my problem, after researching various messageboards yesterday to try and discover why my Siemens Tiscali router didn't work. I'm going to send it back and go with another company!
It seems there has been a lot of debate on these messageboards about Tiscali and/or Siemens products and it now seems also that no one would recommend them. I hereby add my name to that list.