Hi! For some reason when I try to change the Cyan ink the cartridge won't click in place. I used a flashlight to see if something is blocking it but there isn't anything there. I can force it in place by pushing the cartridge in with my fingers and snapping the lever closed but then the printer won't print Cyan. I've pulled all the other cartridges out to compare and noted that the Cyan cartridge seems to have Cyan ink dripping out of the cartridge and in the printer there is ink at the back where the "needle" pierces the cartridge. Could there be something dried up or stuck in there that won't let the cartridge in? I have tried two cartridges...both Brother products...no generic. Please help...thanks!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
These would be my recommendations, based on problems I've had with a similar printer:
1) Open the printer and pull the cyan cartridge back out.
2) Check the bottom of the cartridge to make sure there aren't any scraps of plastic or other material that might be preventing the printer from recognizing it.
3) Check inside the ink well (where the cartridge goes) to make sure nothing's stuck down in there that might be preventing the connection. Be careful and use a flashlight so that you don't accidentally break anything else (I've done that before).
4) If all of that is clear, re-insert the ink cartridge and push down (not too hard, but firmly) until it clicks into place.
5) If none of that works, the leads on the cartridge might have been damaged, or it might just be defective. You'll probably need a replacement toner cartridge at that point.
hello sir, hi, the ink comes out from the ink cartridge to the ink cradle where the ink pass to the paper, this is clogged, need you to clean the ink cradle, you can use warm water to soften the dried ink.
Do replacement procedure, follow How to.. on status monitor. When asked to replace ink tank, unplug all ink tanks, and plug only cyan ink tank. Next....next.. Finish. See status monitor. Is cyan recognized (Not cross sign)? If yes, repeat procedure, without unplugging, plug others 1 by 1. If no, check for chip connector (for cyan) at carriage, or try to use another cyan ink tank.
Get yourself a couple of sets of empty cartridges from cobraink.com.
It is so easy to fill your own from the removable rubber cap, on the top of the cartridge. Not to mention what you will be doing for the environment.
I have been using these for over a year and have saved a ton of money
This man also sells the ink that you will need. ALSO tell him to send them empty, otherwise he will automaticly send them full of "pigment "ink, because you want to use an ink dye
Bad reader, Call tech support. If still under warranty they will exchange. I suggest you get a CISS for your printer. It will save you TONS of MONEY, never change a cartridge again and it will pay for itself in a month. http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/
Hi, If you go to your printer properties, there should be a setting whereby you have to select the option to "PRINT USING BLACK CARTRIDGE ONLY". Make sure this option is selected, otherwise your printer will use ALL colors even if you only print black. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Best wishes, Graemevm
Hi there. The reason for your problem is that the colour cartridge contains cyan, magenta and yellow ink, plus a black cartridge of course. All the other myriad colours are produced by mixing these four basic colours. So, if you print red, it requires ink from both the magenta and yellow cartridges. Thus if your red produces a yellow print, it means your magenta is not printing. This can be due to a number of reasons, mainly an empty or faulty magenta cartridge or blocked magenta print nozzles.
If you wish me to help you with sorting out the lack of magenta, please post a new comment to this effect.