Printed sheets come out with blackish/greyish lines on the right side
Use follow these cleaning steps for your printer:
1. Open the front cover of the printer and remove the drum/toner unit.
2. Gently wipe the scanner window with a soft dry cloth. The scanner
window is located on the roof of the inside of the printer.
3. On the top of the drum unit, locate the blue tab on the left side.
Slide it back and forth across the drum about 30 times.
4. Remove the toner cartridge (TN430 or TN460) from the drum unit
(DR400). To remove the toner from the drum: hold down the blue lever on the right side of the drum (DR400) and lift the toner (TN430 or TN460) off of the drum unit.
5. Inside the drum unit (DR400) there is a green roller. Wipe the green
drum roller with a dry tissue (i.e. Kleenex). You may turn this roller
by moving the gears on the far left side.
6. If the pages area gray pages or have gray vertical lines, install a
brand new toner cartridge. If pages have dots, spots, smudges or
horizontal lines, install a brand new drum unit.
If you are still experiencing gray pages or gray vertical lines,
please install a brand new toner cartridge (TN430 or TN460).
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum unitsand/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
If I have helped please rate my post...I will always do my best to help
Sep 11, 2009 |
Brother HL 1230 Laser Printer