Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
There are alot of things that can be challenging when upgrading to Vista or installing a fresh Vista installation, for sure. I'll see if I can help to at least shed some light on things and hopefully we can find a solution. Because your problem is complicated and atypical, I'll have to ask some questions before I can get started.
To start with, I'm curious about how your computer "crashed" to begin with. This information will be very useful in determining the true cause of the problem and, hopefully, a resolution.
1) What kind of problems were you having previously?
2) What operating system were you using?
3) What did you attempt to fix the problems?
4) Did you perform any hardware diagnostics? (hard drive diagnostic, memory diagnostic, mainboard diagnostic, etc)
Because there are so many variables at play with a Vista installation, I've got some basic questions for clarification. If you can answer these questions I'll be able to do some research on the problem. Some of these may have been answered in your original post, but I want to be sure I have the right information.
5) What brand and model of computer are you working with?
6) Did you perform an "upgrade install" of Vista from within XP or did you perform a "clean install" from the disc?
7) When exactly did you encounter the error?
Please reply to this post with answers to these questions and I'll see what I can do. I may need more information once the original questions are answered, but I'll let you know.
Posted on Apr 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2013 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
May 14, 2017 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
May 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jul 04, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Apr 09, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jan 10, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: