First you should check to see if the camera is Vista ready meaning you wouldn't need the installation cd. If its not vista ready try to manually install the camera by left clicking the the camera when it pops up as new hardware. You can also leave it connected to you pc for a few minutes which may allow it to self install; or check the website for the camera and see if they have a file where you can install the cd.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This fix will work for all of the VEO Stingray problems because it
gives a good driver download site and it tells you step by step how to
get your cam to work with VISTA Good Luck and let me know if this fixed
1.Go to this site and download the driver you need: http://www.softsci.com/veodrivers.htm
2.Download it to your desktop
3. Don't unzip, install, or plug in your cam yet
4.Search for this in your start menu: Program Compatibility Wizard
5. Of the three choices click the one that says look for the program manually
6. Choose the option for XP
7. Choose the 680 x 420 or whatever it is not the 256 colors
8. Choose to run as administrator
9. Click next and it should change your screen to a real big resolution and then it will start to install the driver
10. Go through the install wizard
11. After it has loaded plug in your camera
12. Try a program that it is supposed to work with
13. Finish the Compatibility Wizard
now everything should work for your cam. This works with all of your programs that vista will not run.