924 says that black ink cartridge not installed
Hmmm....that sounds to be an issue with the ink cartridges...
You might be using ink cartridges purchased other than Dell or Staples...since these are the two who sell Dell Ink.
If thats not true, then take out both the cartridges in the printer.
Lets isolate the issue
1. Try only Black cartridge on Color slot(right). If you get Install both ink cartridges error, then its an issue with the Black ink cartridges and if you get message that install Black ink cartridge then its an issue with the prrinter.
2. Now install only color cartridge on Black cartridges slot(left), If you get color cartridge missing then its an issue with the Black cartridges which you are using and if you get install both ink cartridges then its an issue with the black slot on printer.
3. If issue found to be with Black ink cartridge then wipe the Nozzles(bottom) of the ink cartridge with lint free cotton cloth from back to front 5-6 times.
4. Also try replacing the ink cartridges purchased only from Dell or from Staples. Purchased from somewhere else or refilled might not work.
5. If issue found to be with printer, then i would suggest you to purchase new printer then.
Hope this fix the issue
Aug 14, 2008 |
Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer