- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, The all in one solution software you used in XP doesn't work fully with Vista.
But you can still scan and copy by using Windows Photo Gallery.
1. Click on files tab at the top in Window Photo Gallery.
2. Click on import from camera or scanner.
3. Highlight your scanner icon (ie Lexmark X73) then click import.
4. New scan window will popup, now you can preview or scan using this basic looking Vista utility.
Don't know if this helps but it's from the manual on lexmarks website.
Scanner Connection error
1 Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
2 Reconnect the USB cable.
3 Turn the printer off.
4 Unplug the printer.
5 Plug the printer into an electrical outlet.
6 Turn the printer on.
7 Restart the computer.
Weird order of doing things but maybe that's what you have to do to get the scanner enabled again. Give it a try and see what happens.
Set this options un der Control panel Scanner and camera.
If fails try this,
Uninstall everything HP Installed. Unplug the scanner. Then reboot. THen install the drivers and applications. Then reboot. then insert the HP scanner into the USB.
If you go to the US website, then it will scan your system for a printer then install driver
Otherwise you can download the driver here