Question about Brother MFC-5440CN All-In-One InkJet Printer
Reset the printer electronics and try then. Might also want to reinstall the driver.
Posted on Sep 24, 2017
SOURCE: error messages
I can't help directly but if you go here to the (Australian) support site
you may find your answer.
Note You may need to contact them direct to get your answer.
Posted on May 11, 2008
SOURCE: I had a paper jam
i saw a solution from mix-it-up, he said machine error 50 means this plastic strip that runs under the printer head is not straight anymore. he said the printer head uses the strip as a guide to determine its position along the printer head track. it's possible that it got caught underneath the printer head during the paper jam. i have a picture here of the strip http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=encoderstripdh1.jpg. and i made a pdf slideshow of how i dissembled the top of my mfc-420cn. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktvhfe. you only have to follow my slideshow up to where the printer body cover is removed until u see the plastic strip. just move it around until it's no longer bumped or pushed by other moving parts. the design should be similar to the 440cn.
Posted on May 12, 2008
SOURCE: Error message 50
Confirm Success on a 440CN
1) Remove Plastic wire covers from inside printers, and release plastic stay on lower edge, tilt cover to 90 Degrees
2) make a note of where each connector goes
3) release the Ribbon and 3 Multicore cables, removing grounding screw, then remove scanner module by sliding it off the hinges at 90 degrees.
4) Remove Three Front Panel Screws, carefully leaver front panel upwards releasing front side clips.
5) Remove front panel by disconnecting ribbon and wireing on both sides.
6) Remove 6 Screws (2 on back, three at front and one middle right
7) Carefully remove speaker cable (Red Connector) and lift up plastic casing, leaving printer uncovered.
8) Re-Seat Encoder Strip into guide. (The Transparent strip)
9) Re-assemble in reverse and Hey Presto.
All Cured. Hopefully!
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
my brother mfc-440cn printer says, "unable to print 51" on the screeen after if off (which it woudn't let me do. I had to unplug it. It just won't work.
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
congrats! You just bought yourself a brand new printer! I just phoned the company and apparently if you have a teeny tiny paper jam and a Unable to print 50 pops up ... you just bought yourself a new machine, that particular message means your machine was damaged thru the course of your paper jam. The average cost an hour to fix it is $85 so its better to just buy a new one.. What a piece of ****. :-(
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2011 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Apr 04, 2010 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Sep 04, 2008 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
May 01, 2008 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: