This tip will explain a few methods on how to try and fix your lens if it is stuck or you get a lens error on your screen.
note that all these methods are used at the users own risk and that I
can not be held responsible for any damages or losses that occur while
trying these methods.
1. If your camera is still under warranty, send your camera to the manufacturer to be replaced or fixed professionally.
2. If your camera is out of warranty try these methods.
- Make sure your batteries are fully charged.
- Remove the batteries for 10min. Replace the batteries and see if the problem persists.
- Try compressed air. This method can be useful if there
are any sand or any other object stuck in the lens motors. Use
compressed air with a fine tip. Direct the air between the camera body
and lens and move in a circular motion around the lens to complete a
- You can also try to tap the padded USB cover firmly on a
flat surface like a table. This is sometimes a surprisingly effective
- The last method is to try and force the lens. Turn of
your camera and place it on its back on a flat surface. Look at the
spacing between the lens and the body and see if the gap is consistent
all the way around the lens. If the gap is not even it is likely that
the camera fell while the lens was extended. Now VERY GENTLY push down on the lens were the gap is the biggest until you her a "click". This will indicate that the lens is back in place. Try powering back on.
- If the lens does not extend or it extend and retracts
turn of the camera. Hold the camera in your one hand and with the other
hand turn the one part of the lens in a circular motion. Rotate both
sections of the lens until you hear a "click". This will indicate that the lens popped back in place. Power the camera back on.
- The last method you can use is to turn the lens while powering on the camera until you hear a "click". Power the camera of and back on to see if it works.
any of the methods listed above failed to work for your lens problem it
would be wise to take it on to a professional to get your camera
Thanks for taking the time to read my tip and feel free to let me know if it was of any help.