The light comes on when the door opens...goes off when it's shut. Lint trap is replaced and circuit breaker is in the on position. The timer doesn't tick...and pulling the start doesn't do anything. It was working fine...next load...it stopped working. Is there an internal fuse that I can located and replace or will I need a service man to the house?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
is any air blowing out the back of dryer?if the blower wheel is broken or clogged with lint this could cause this also the belt could have broke,open the door to dryer,hold the door switch in with your hand and start it,if it runs but the drum isn't spinning the belt broke.if the lint isn't in the filter there isn't any air movement,also next time send the model number
No, they typically don't have a reset button. But they do have safety switches which can fail. Usually there is a microswitch on the door. When the door is open the dryer won't start. Do you have power at all to the dryer? Do any lights light up? If not, you may have tripped your circuit breaker to the dryer and need to reset them. Typically there will be two breaker switches tied together to move as one in your power panel for your house or apartment. If you are not sure the breaker has tripped, it won't hurt anything to switch them off and then back on again. If this does not help, you likely have a failed switch or relay in the dryer that will need to be replaced. Also check that your lint trap does not have a switch which will prevent to dryer from running if you have too much lint in it.
If the vent output is clear and lint trap is clear, then there are a couple of more hidden spots that air can get backed up.
First off, unplug the dryer before doing any of this. There's a lot of current to that plug, and getting killed is a really bad way to detect a bad wire or to identify where the heater coil inlet is.
Inlet to the heater area. Laundry rooms have lint in them. All the air that gets blown out the back has to come from somewhere. make sure you don't have a clump o dust bunnies on another section of the rear panel.
The blower motor itself. The lint filter can't get everything. The first time I took the back off my old Kenmore and opened up that area after the lint trap, it was like looking at a chalkboard eraser. Solid lint. The fins in the blower were packed tight with more lint. Cleaned it all out, and it ran better than it had in years.
If the wall/floor connector for the vent hose goes anywhere but straight through the wall to outside, look down the hose and clear what you can, then go outside to the outlet and make sure it's not blocked, jammed, frozen shut, or what have you. Clean what you can from that end too.
I worked on one not long ago and made some photos.
You pop the top using a putty knife and remove the front. The element is mounted in the rear and is held in place by 2 screws. The thermal fuse and high limit are also mounted on it. I worked on swapping out a motor and took some photos:
Are your lint traps clean? Also, your vent hose going out the back of the dryer sometimes gets clogged up, and this will shut down your dryer until it is cleaned out. Try this, and if it still doesn't work - try shutting the dryer's circuit breaker off (or if its easier to unplug the dryer), and then back on again. This will reset the breaker, and then you can try running your dryer again. In fact, you can do the circuit breaker step first. If this doesn't work, then clean the lint trap, vent, etc. - and then return to the circuit breaker step. I hope this works for you. If not, let me know. I'll check back with you in a little bit. Good Luck! Jim
The font panel must be removed. This may be done by removing the control console (open upper cabinet doors to find screws behind the console). The screws along the top of the lower front panel are easily accessible. Disconnect the two interlock switches, remove the grounding clip attached to the bulkhead & lift the panel off the two lower clips. Inside the panel is a housing that leads to the exhaust blower. It will be packed with lint that may be hardened like papier mache. Just clean out the mess & reverse the process to replace the parts.