Question about Sherwood RD-6106 Receiver
I can't get the subwoofer to work when the front speakers are set to large, if I set them on small, the subwoofer line-out works fine, but then the sound is not as great and distinctive in my front speakers, i want to run, front: LARGE and SUB - YES but that wont work, what am I doing wrong?!
Can anyone help me please i have a rd-6118r and i have phono plugged in to video with left and right and center speaker and sub but the center and sub are not working when i put it on pro logic the speakers dont work please help me
Posted on Nov 16, 2012
The manual implies that 'subwoofer=Yes' is independent of the rest of the speaker settings, but that it would be set AFTER selecting the other speaker configuration from the list of 11 possibilities.
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 26, 2012 | Pioneer VSX-818V-K Receiver
Jun 18, 2011 | Samsung HW-C560S Theater System
• Check that the subwoofer is connected properly, switched on and the volume turned up.
• If your subwoofer has a sleep function, make sure it is switched off.
• Make sure that the Subwoofer setting is YES or PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• The crossover frequency may be set too low; try setting it higher to match the characteristics of your other speakers (see Speaker Setting on page xx)
• If there is very little low frequency information in the source material, change your speaker settings to Front: SMALL / Subwoofer: YES , or Front: LARGE / Subwoofer: PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• Check that the LFE channel is not set to -80dB , or a very quiet setting (see Bass Peak Level
on page xx).
• Check the speaker level settings (see Channel Level on page xx).
Regarding the Large vs Small assignment of speakers, what they mean isn't so much the physical size but the ability to handle real bass. Large if Yes.
Jan 12, 2011 | Boston Acoustics PV600 Main / Stereo...
Dec 25, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 06, 2009 | Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver
Mar 27, 2009 | Onkyo TX-DS575 Receiver
Oct 05, 2007 | Pioneer HTP-2900 System
Feb 14, 2007 | Yamaha AX-596 Amplifier
366 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!