Question about Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Calculator
Ok, so my calculator froze when transfering files and turned off. i turned it on and said that ram was full. i checked the memory and it said 0 ram and i had nothing on the calculator. so i erased the ram. everything was working fine after that and then i went to turn it on a few hours later after using it for a while and it said "waiting... Please install operating system now." when i try to reinstall it, it says "ERROR! Press any key to turn unit off. Then turn unit back on." what do i do. there are new batteries in it and everything.
I had the Same problem but fixed it by putting my 84+ into boot mode. You hav to take out a battery, press ane hold DEL button and put the battery back in. Then use TI OS downloader to install OS
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
I had a very similar problem when trying to install the new OS. The way I got it working was
1. make sure you have fresh batteries in.
2. Find a new computer which you have not used neither TI connect nor the calculator on.
3. Download the OS to this computer from Ti´s webpage
4. Install Ti connect and the calculator on this machine 100 % correct! (check other help files for this)
5. Go into Ti connect, and it should find the calculator now.
6. Use the "device explorer" and then the "OS downloader" directing the downloader to the path where you have already downloaded the OS to the computer.
I hope this helps you out...
Posted on Dec 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!