Probably your problem is your PC audio device not your new speakers.
First verify you see a small sound icon or in the Systray (generally at the bottom right hand corner of your screen). If this icon is missing follow the below section.
- Open the Control panel
- Open the "Sounds and Audio Devices" icon.
- Verify the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" checkbox is checked. If this option is not available or is grayed out, skip to the next section of this document.
- If you were able to check this box, click ok and close out of this window and the Control Panel.
- Double-click the sound icon in the Systray and verify that all the sound volumes are mid-way or higher.
Also looks like there are some corrupt system files on the computer I
would suggest that you run SFC scan which would scan for corrupt system
files on the computer and replace them.Steps to perform SFC scan:
1. Click the Start
2. From the Start
Menu, Click All programs
followed by Accessories
3. In the Accessories menu
, Right Click on the Command Prompt
4. From the drop down menu that appears, Click on the 'Run as administrator'
If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled you will be asked
for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply
need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert
the administrator password etc.
6. In the Command Prompt
window, type: sfc /scannow
and then press Enter
7. A message will appear stating that 'the system scan will begin'
8. Be patient because the scan may take some time
9. If any files require replacing SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Vista DVD for this process to continue
If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following
message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity
11. After the scan has completed, Close the command prompt window restart the computer and check.
The scan may take some time, so be patient. Windows will repair any
corrupted or missing files that it finds. If information from the
installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to
insert your Windows Vista / 7 installation disk.