The first thing is that you can get the tools and parts from radio shack as well as form HERE and HERE
Here is the list of sony codes
- Unit is dead, No blinks - Problem in the standby power section. Might check fuse, R607, Q601, IC601, R612 and VDR601 (should show open).
- Continuous blink once a second, no pausing - No reply from the jungle IC301 (data bus is busy, shorted to ground, or held high), IK video path is defective.
- One blink - not used for the self-diagnosis
- Two blinks
- B+ over current protection (OCP), unit goes to the standby mode then
displays the 2 blink fault. Could be a short in the power supply of any
of the circuits.
- Three blinks - B+
over voltage protection (OVP), unit goes to the standby mode then
displays the 3 blink fault. This is also a problem in the power supply
circuit, check T603 and R672.
- Four blinks - No vertical Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505
- Five blinks
- AKB circuit (automatic kine bias), the timer/standby indicator blinks
for about 30 seconds then goes to the self-diagnosis function.
Something is wrong with the video. Check video out, Q705, 732, 761 and
other components on the C board, also check Q218, 219, 220 on the A
board. In addition, unit could be in IK blanking, try turning up screen
- Six blinks - No Horizontal
(H STOP), no raster, goes to the blinking self-diagnosis function
immediately. Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC, IC206.
- Seven blinks
- High voltage shutdown. The high voltage has exceeded 33k and the unit
goes immediately into safety shutdown. Check power supply regulation
and horizontal circuits.
- Eight blinks
- Problem with the audio (AUDIO), unit goes to standby and blinks the
self-diagnosis code. Check IC406 audio amp, PS401, and 402. On some
projection models of Sony TV sets, this code means that T8005 (flyback
transformer), or the associative components in the high voltage
circuits are defective on the D board.
Ten blinks -
Check Q8014 and Q8013 for shorts, leakage, or bad solder connections on
the " D" board. If the transistors are bad, check R8051 and IC8005,
also on the "D" board.
- Nine blinks
- Replace D 6116 and D 6301 on the "G" board, do not resolder as this
will fix the problem temporary. Or Panel Module Error or Thermal Error.
If it is intermittent 9 blinks, meaning sometimes the TV comes on and
other times you get flashing, then change the switching regulator on
the "G" board or check connections. Make sure the regulator is -12 or
Please don't forget to rate the solution.