Question about Radio Communications
Radio doesn't power up after being used on power from automobile cigarette lighter. I suspect user unplugged the power before turning the radio off. Perhaps this killed the unit?
I had the same problem. The 12 v jack is faulty, use compressed air to blow it out. If that doesn't work, you need to get a needle and pry out the flat connector inside the jack (the ground). From the back of the connector, pry it toward the center conductor. The spring action is weak. I disassembled mine, but you may be able to do it with the case on.
Posted on Feb 27, 2010
That should not hurt it, that would be the same as turning off the vehicle while the radio is on. which is not a problem.... check the fuse. maybe it blew when the vehicle went back on. or maybe check the actual plug itself.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!