An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: Acer Desk top help please
There are two (2) default/factory settings in your Desktop PC: 1. Motherboard (hardware) - you need to open the casing and set the jumpers to reset or alternately, you can simply remove the Lithium battery for a couple of minutes and the motherboard CMOS/BIOS will restore to default fail safe settings. You will notice that even the date/time will revert back.
2. OS (software) - If you are running a version of Windows, there normally is a System Restore feature where the OS will revert to the first time it was installed. Better yet, you can run the recovery/restore CD that came with the PC when it was new. Pop it in your CD tray, set the PC to boot first from your CD ROM and follow on-screen instructions.
Of course doing any of the above will restore the PC to its original settings but that would mean that most if not all of your added applications, saved files, settings and configurations would be either gone or no longer would be working.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can restore the computer back to factory default,to do so, follow the below steps: Turn OFF the computer, now as soon as you hit the power button, keep on holding "Alt" key & keep on tapping "F10" key, i.e Alt+f10, it will open the recovery console, select full factory restore and follow onscreen instruction. NOTE: This will erase all the datas on the computer.
You can also create a set to Recovery disk from the recovery partition, to do so
Start Menu> All Programs> Acer erecovery management> Click Create Factory Default Disk, if you receive any error code or unable to burn the disk, please contact Acer Technical support at 1 800 816 2237 and order for an Recovery Disk.
A branded computer uses Original Equpment Manufacturer (OEM) version of Operating System, hence if you change any hardware it will go to the trial version of OS automatically. Hence, you have to use the full system recovery disk to reinstall the OS.
Thanks and regards, Anil.B.R
Restoring a laptop back to its factory settings can be done in one of 2 ways
1) Some manufacturers provide the recovery CD/DVD, simply put this disc in and restart the PC, the DVD/CD should boot and then you can follow the onscreen instructions
2) Some manufacturers provide hard drive based recovery, this mean rather than provide a CD/DVD,manufactueres put the recovery on a section of the hard drive. To use this method you click on start>Programs then find the name of the manufacturers folder. In this folder there will be a programme titled system recovery, factory settings. Click on this and follow through on the instructions
If this has been useful please leave postive feedback/vote
Sounds like a bad driver has been installed. Try to use system restore by pressing F8 at startup and hopefully it will let you start PC in Safe Mode then choose system restore and set a date to b4 this happened...good luck from Scott