Question about Computers & Internet
Laptop does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· try the following first.check battery is seated correctly and that the power pack is functioning,
· if the battery has gone flat and the power pack is not working ,the laptop will not start.
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the screw(s) holding the cover plate on the back of the laptop where the ram lives and remove the memory sticks,
· clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser, and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one,
· try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends laptop ,if that's possible, or
· get a friend or family member to download a "memory chip diagnostic's" program such as memcheck 1.70 and boot up of it ,it will check your ram ,if not
· take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram and power pack is ok, try a boot-able anti virus disc and a recovery /system disc's , if that don't work,
· it may be that the motherboard or the cpu is failing
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the laptop from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!