Brand new lexmark original cartridge is not recognised. error report' no cartridge'. all contacts cleaned machine dismantled and cleaned and reassembled. has done this before on occasion with refilled...
1. Open the top front cover of the printer. If the display DOES NOT
read Close cover or Insert cartridge, the 32 error is not caused by the
toner cartridge and printer service will be required to fix the problem.
2. Make sure the correct toner cartridge is installed for this printer model.
1. Check Lexmark for a list of compatible cartridges for your printer.
2. If the wrong toner cartridge is installed, remove it and install the correct one.
3. If the correct toner cartridge is installed, it may not be seated
correctly. To ensure that this is not the cause of the error, do the
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Reseat the toner cartridge.
3. Close the lid.
4. Power the printer back on and check the display.
4. If reseating the toner cartridge does not clear the error message
and the error started as soon as you installed this particular toner
cartridge, the cartridge may be broken. You can check this as follows:
1. Power off the printer and then reinstall the old cartridge.
(You can also try a different new cartridge to see if that clears the
2. If the error does disappear, the problem may lie with this
cartridge. Please contact the point of purchase, especially if the
cartridge is brand new out of the box.
5. If the error cannot be cleared by putting in a new toner cartridge
or one that is known to be working, the printer may require service to
fix the problem.