You will want a 12v 2A DC adapter and you will need to get the end fitted (RadioShack can do this for you).
Where I went they only had a 1.5A adapter and it does work, but it sometimes "clicks" a few times before starting up. It's probably bad for the drive so I highly recommend getting a 2A adapter if you can.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Beverly, the power supply for shredder is probably bad. If it has a external power supply, take old power supply with you to a electronics shop and have them match it up for you, with a universal power supply.
Check the attached links,
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info."
1. Your Asus power adapter is damaged/not working. Look and see if a LED is illuminating on the power adapter. If it is chances are it is working fine and the problem may lie on your laptop. If not replace it. The easiest way to tell if your power adapter is bad is to go out to Wal-Mart or your local technology store and purchase one of their universal power adapters. They are expensive but you can buy it, try it, and return it if it does not solve the problem.
2. The DC pin on your laptop is bent/broken/loose. Look at where your power adapter plugs in on your laptop. Get a paper clip, bend it out to make a long paper clip and slightly push its tip on the pin inside your laptop. If the pin moves chances are either the DC pin needs to be soldered down or needs to be replaced. The part is usually cheap around $10 but the labor can cost more than $50
Dell power supplies use 3 wires. One detects the power supply. If you are using a Dell supply then that wire is broken inside the cord or at the connection. If this a universal power supply it only has 2 wires.
The power cable you are talking about--is the cable itself broken? Do you mean the wires are cut? It requires an AC adapter. If you take it to an electronics store, there is a good chance they can come up with an adapter that will work. There are a bunch of universal adapters out there. All you have to do is make sure the voltage/amperage is the same and the plug fitsl I suppose you could ask Western Digital for a replacement, but that might be expensive.
Well its likely that you could have damaged the power cord. If one of the internal wires got yanked when your foot caught the cord it could have lost it's connection. Try going to an electronics store and asking if they have any universal adapters, look on the back and see if your laptop model is supported. Try it and see if it works, if not return the cord and the problem will be with the female plug in the back of the laptop. Like you said its probably not the laptop
Hope this helps, please comment back if you have any further questions or information about the problem. Feel free to leave positive feedback if this helps, thanks for stopping by at Fixya!
Did you install the power supply to your TV?
Have you ask them for a refund by sending them the broken AC adapter you received?
I service these power supplies if Proton co. are unable to solve the issue.
If you need more info send me an email to [email protected]