- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most Web Cams will NOT work with VISTA !!! Microsoft forgot to add driver's in Vista for most hardware. r you need to buy a cam specifically for Vista and if you do it will work on other operating systems as well...
Quite a few of these problems are addressed in Windows 7...
1. Try the Updated Windows XP Professional SP2 (verison 5.1.2600) to the most latest and greatest update 2. Trt to check if the camera is working .. If not, 3. Download the integrated camera creative drive from dell .. website . here's the link
4. Install the above driver, restart your computer 5. After restart press Fn+Esc key .. to enable the camera. (You should see a small pic icon on the right side bottom of the screen) 6. The hardware wizard will detect a new USB Webcam
*Note: The above link also works for lenovo. Please rate me if you already have the result.. thanks..
sum cams just wont work with vista have u dl all vista updates and add on updates add those in to dl list try to go to web site they dont have any for vista hu u can try to dl sp1 for vista but i think trial period for testers is done best bet buy new oen thats works iwth vista
if you use vista
some problems arrise with vista
vista is in its infancy stages right now some hardware and software does not work with vista makin it imposible to work with this is something windows is working on i dont know how long it will take but theres alot of non compliant vista software and hardware there working on right now to be compliant with there Os system this is a patience process what i tell people is that if windows update hasnt made an update for it they will its just matter of time before they get to all products im waiting a year for my vista to come out that way i know most of bugs are worked out