I want to connect my telstra wireless modem to my PS3
I assume the Telstra wireless modem is configured correctly and the computer/laptop can access the Internet wirelessly.
The PS3 needs to be configured with the Telstra modem's wireless settings so it can communicate with the wireless modem.
To configure the PS3 please follow these steps :-
1. Power up the PS3 and login then Select Network Settings and
2. Select Easy then press > button
3. Select Wireless then press > button
4. Select Scan then press > button
5. Select the wireless modem you want to use, then press X button
6. Confirm the SSID for the wireless modem then press > button
7. Select the security settings (ie WAP, WPA - this is the in the wireless modem settings) then press > button
If there is no encryption I suggest you enable the encryption on the wireless modem, use passphrase to generate the encryption key.
Write down this encryption key, you will need this key for your computers and PS3.
8. Enter the WEP or WPA encryption key (from the wireless modem) then press > button
9. Check the settings then press X button