Be patient if I don't use terminology correctly. My lexmark x6100 works pretty well with my VISTA HP computer - I downloaded the drivers on-line. The problem is that after I print a document it will not print another unless I turn the printer off and then on again. When I check the printer status after printing a doc it indicates that it is deleting the last printed file but it hangs up with that and never finishes deleting it. The off/on action clears the spool and the next document will print but as soon as that is finished printing the problem begins again. HELP!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Driver could be corrupt. Disconnect the printer or at least be sure it is turned off.
I'd do both and reinstall the CD software program that came with
the printer. When the software program asks you to connect the
printer to the USB port, do so and it should again work properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
There are some compatiblity problems between Vista and your printer. Check this web page to download a driver that may provide limited printing capability for your printer...you'll need to use Windows Scanners and Cameras or Photo Gallery for scanning.
Go to www.lexmark.com and click on Drivers & Downloads then Driver Finder. I did not see the X6100, but I saw the X6150 and X6170, hopefully that's what you have. You need to download the correct driver depending on what operating system you have. In other words, do you have Windows XP or Vista?
Here's a link on the Lexmark site that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to download and install a driver:
I have an x4550, running windows vista basic on an hp dv6000t notebook. i had the same problem. i contacted online lexmark tech and here's the solution that worked for me, thanks to help from lexmark (transcript of chat):
Please follow the steps given below to change the spool data format: 1. Click on "Start," "Control Panel," "Hardware and Sound" and "Printers." 2. Then, right click on the Lexmark printer icon and left click "Properties." 3. Either on the "Advanced" tab or the "General" tab for some models, there is a "Print Processor" button, left click it. 4. This is the spool format setting. It should be set to the default to "LEMF." Change it to "Lexmark." Under "Default datatype," select "NT EMF 1.008." 5. Click "OK" and exit back out to your desktop. 6. Please try printing again.
I've also had this problem with an HP LaserJet 4650dtn printer. I've solved this by:
- Stop the "Print Spooler" service.
- Delete all the existing print spool files. (Stored in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS" by default).
- Start the "Print Spooler" service.
- Right-click the printer's icon in the Printers and Faxes folder and choose Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Print Processor... button.
- Make a note of the existing "Print processor" selection on the left (in case you need to revert it.). Then change it to "WinPrint". Click OK.
- Click OK on the printer's properties window.
- Try sending a print job to see whether it persists in the print queue.