- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Press the "Express Freezing" key and the "Colder" key of the Freezer Temp function at the same time and hold for 3 seconds. The refrigerator will enter Test Mode 1. Test Mode 1 allows diagnostic function of the compressor and freezer fan, stepping damper open, defrosting heater off and display LEDs all on.
2) Touch the "Express Freezing" key and the "Colder" key of the Freezer Temp function at the same time while in Test Mode 1 and hold for 3 seconds. The refrigerator will enter Test Mode 2. Test Mode 2 allows diagnostic operation of the compressor and freezer fan, stepping damper close and defrosting heater off.
3) Press the "Express Freezing" key as well as the "Colder" key of the Freezer Temp function together while in Test Mode 2 and hold for 3 seconds. The refrigerator will go into Test Mode 3. Test Mode 3 allows diagnostic operation on the compressor and freezer fan off, stepping damper close and defrosting heater on.
4) Press the "Express Freezing" key and the "Colder" key of the Freezer Temp function at the same time while in Test Mode 3 and maintain for 3 seconds. The refrigerator will reset to the state prior to entering test mode.
5) Unplug the •Lg refrigerator from the wall outlet, then plug it back in to reset the appliance after coming out of test mode.
poor defrost - more than one hour since defrost began and temp has not reached 46F. you will likely begin to notice frost forming on back of freezer. pull back cover (frosted area) and ck the temp sensor pack. (there is a sensor pack that contains a bimetal and sensor in one plastic pouch. do not open it but ck at its connection. the orange wires are the sensor 77K-9k ohms and the other two are the bi metal, open or closed, open above 50F.
Most likely one or both of the thermistors are bad. Usually pretty easy to find behind a vented cover about 2" X 1" on the side walls of the refrigerator and the top of freezer (if freezer is on the bottom of the unit)
I have a LG GRP207TUJA side by side freezer, which has a water,ice,crushed ice dispenser. There is a button to select which mode of dispenser. The freezer just appears to be cycling through all the selections all by itself and make the bleeping noise as it moves from one selection to another...any ideas
Check the relay on the compressor. But in order to due this right you are really going to need to have a company replace yor condensing coils and your drain pan. Check also the thermostats. Located under the dials to adjust your temperature settings. You can get some of the parts at repairclinic.com
ER FF is a freezer fan error. Basically the mainboard is not receiving a feedback signal from the freezer fan motor within 65 seconds. When this happens the error code will come up and then none of the buttons will work.
You can clear out the error code by unplugging and plugging the machine back in. The error code will come back if the problem persists. Check around the freezer fan motor fan blades to see if ice buildup is interfering with the operation. Clearing out this ice may fix the issue.
If the problem comes back, then the fan motor may be getting ready to go out or the unit may not be defrosting properly.