- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) You must first backup ur data on your memory stick to your PC. Mainly the saved games data. ( directory is PSP\SAVEDATA)
2) Format the memory stick using the PSP format tool in system settings...not your PC.
3) In System Setting UNCHECK or UNSELECT "UMD Cache" this must be off!!!!
4) Connect your psp via USB cable
5) Copy your game saves / data back to your psp remember >> PSP\SAVEDATA .
6) Do a hard reboot of your psp ie hold the power switch for 3 seconds and it will reboot.
7) Your UMD games should now work with no probs.
can you confirm that other games will load if yes could be the game umd look in the light see if the cd part of the umd has any marks dust fingerprints ect if your other games wont load either it could be the laser inside the psp if that is the case email me and ill point you in the right direction but if the psp still has warenty take it back to ware you bought it [email protected].com
Update the system,....Alot of UMD games hang when they try to updeate from disc..If you download the update via internet and install it from the memory stick duo you should have no problem playing your game, the system will see that the firmware is up to par for the umd and will not do the system check so no lag time with loads...good luck hope this helps
Hi! I incounter this problem as well even without UMD its still loading and even I disable auto-start UMD still same so I tried reflashing the software but still same problem so I discover the solution before you turn-on your PSP try to open your UMD cover you'll see it will load faster then close again the cover once you see the battery and clock icon... The problem that causing this is the switch inside the UMD possible its stock-up or spoiled already!
If your PSP isn't reading
games and/or movies and the problem isn't that your trying to play
dirty, bent, or damaged UMD discs there are a number of other reasons
your PSP is not reading disks correctly = - Your UMD motor may be malfunctioning.
- Your laser may have worn down from use over time.
- Your UMD drive tray may be bent.
- There may be a foreign object in your UMD drive
* disks fail to load
* extremely slow loading
* strange whirring noise when trying to read disks
For whatever reason your PSP has stopped reading games and/or movies we
will get your PSP back to you and playing like like new fast! Our price
includes labor, parts, and return shipping via priority mail.
Visit PSP UMD Drive REPAIR if you are interested in an affordable and reliable PSP repair service. We have been serving the whole United States for more than 2 years!
Slide the open latch on the top of the PSP? system. The disc cover opens.
the UMD? with the disc label facing the system rear. Slide the UMD?
down the metal guides and press down until fully inserted. You should
hear a slight click, indicating that the UMD? is held in place.