- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The heat exchanger must be free of cracks and holes due to the potential of carbon monoxide leakage. You can probably make a short term repair with sheet metal and high heat furnace refractory cement, but that is a quick fix only.
Please be aware of the potential for a lethal situation due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
yes tape would burn there i would remove what you have put inside most when new will give off some smoke as the heat exchanger has some grease coatings on it just burn it off , if this does not stop call back person who fitted it
Please provide more info. When it goes off does it come back on by itself or do you have to flip a breaker? Is the furnace gas or electric? If it is not moving enough air across your heat exchanger in a gas furnace or across electric heating elements this will trip a safety switch that will stop heating but not fan. Low air speed is most likely from inexperienced or improper duct design/ installation. Duct sizing is very important to move enough air. Don't believe me try breathing thru a straw. If your unit is a gas furnace it has a flashing code that will tell you what is wrong codes listed inside unit door. Could be lots of things. Reply with more info.