400W Black & Decker Power Inverter Doesn't Power My LCD TV
I have a 400W Black & Decker Power Inverter. It works just fine to power my laptop dvd player etc. When I try to use it on my lcd tv it turns on for a few seconds and then shuts off. The tv is only rated at 125W so it is within the power limits. Anyone know what can be the problem?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: 400W Black & Decker Power Inverter Doesn't Power...
The problem of your inverter is from your battery .your laptop and dvd player requires little current to operate.But you tv requires more power to run, if your battery is low you it will not last for 3 minutes. If your battery has a low current rating, it will also be a cause, for example, if it is below 100ampere hour. Lastly if your battery is bad i.e. if it reads below the stipulated dc voltage Require by your inverter to operate.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You might have either a faulty LCD cable or screen inverter board. The
LCD cable transfers data signal from the motherboard & video card
to the LCD screen. It also supplies high voltage DC power to the screen
inverter board. The screen inverter board works as a power supply for
the backlight lamp mounted inside the LCD screen. It converts low
voltage DC power to high voltage AC power needed for the backlight lamp.
The output of this inverter (and most others) is a modified sine wave, which isn't quite the same as a true sine wave - like you get from a wall outlet. Unfortunately, most transformers (which is essentially what your laptop power-supply is) require a true sine-wave. Your inverter will work fine for many other 110V applications. You can buy an inverter with a true sine-wave output, but they are more expensive.
There are two possibilites: the first is the over 400W power draw, the other is how you have the inverter connected. Do you have the inverter connected directly to the battery terminals (the clips) not the outlet plug (cigaretter lighter)? This is needed for any load over 80W and under 400W. (the inverter can handle a load demand over the 400W limit but only for short periods (800W).)
What is the load that your PC pulls (Is it a laptop or a desktop)? The laptop in my home has either a 65W or a 90W load (depending on the battery and the AC adapter we are using). Desktops take much more power (usually).
I looked at the power requirements of this projector, 280W, but that assumes a nice sine wave. Your inverted is supposed to put out 400W, but it's a modified sine wave. Under ideal conditions (including a good battery) this might be just enough. Connecting directly to the battery will help a little, because of the limited ability to get current to and through the cigarette lighter. Using a 100 foot extension cord will diminish the voltage a bit (less so if it's a heavy gage wire). I would try connecting the inverter directly to the battery, run the engine and skip the extension cord. If that works, turn off the engine. If that works, try the extension cord. If it won't work with the engine running, connected directly and no cord - there are two possibilities: (1) the projector just won't run on a modified sine wave, (2) you need a bigger inverter.
regarding (1) I have seen lots of people having trouble with various devices. You might want to ask Epson support.
I have a black and decker 100 watt power inverter. When the led turns red you are ethier overloading it or it overheated. to fix it unplug it and let it sit for 5 minutes. Plug it in. Plug in an item rated for 100 watts or less. Or try to charge somthing on the usb port.