An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: WHAT DOES F01 ERROR CODE MEAN AND HOW DO YOU FIX
F01 - There may be an internal problem with the control, attempt a Hard Reset.
Hard Reset - In some cases the control can be non-functioning or may not accept activation from the control panel. To clear and restart the control follow the these steps:
* Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds. * Reconnect the unit to the power source by turning the breaker back on or plugging the unit back into the wall outlet. * Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the "PF" in the display. * Start a short cycle to check the operation of the machine by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts.
The F01 generally indicates a failed electronic machine control board. This error code can sometimes be caused by a glitch or power surge through the electrical lines. You may be able to clear this code by unplugging the washer for 5 minutes. If the code returns after plugging the washer back in, then the electronic machine control board will need to be replaced.
The procedure for accessing and replacing this control board is shown in this image...
Be sure to unplug the washer before accessing internal components. When you access the control board, I recommend transferring the wires from the old control board to the new replacement control board one connection at a time. Once you have all of the wires transferred, remove the old control board and mount the new control board in the washer. Reassemble and test the washer.
The "F01" error code indicates a communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM onboard the CCU. The "F01" can also be displayed if the onboard "Pump Driver" fails to activate. Generally in order to correct this failure will require replacing the CCU. There is no way to test and verify if the control board has failed. The technical data sheet basically states to replace the CCU.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
https://www.whirlpool.com/...error-code...w... Whirlpool Home AppliancesCheck the following answers for error-code related issues you can correct: ... Duet SportTMwasher - F01, F11, F23, F24, F27, F28, F29, F30, F31, and F33.
Problem isnt solved, seems like several people are having the same problem with whirpool front load washer with the F01....sad nobody will help you, they want money.....as high priced as those machine are............dont buy whirlpool......
Thanks for using FixYa. Error F01 in your whirlpool duet sport indicates EEPROM error which means that a communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM onboard the CCU occurred. This error also occurs when the pump driver fails to activate and/or one of the main relays is not working. To resolve this issue leave the unit unplugged for 5-10 minutes so that if this was caused due to power surge it is cleared. Also check the CCU (central control unit), if bad you’ll have to replace it. Please do rate the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
The F33 error code indicates a pump drive system error. If the pump ohms out correctly & the harness is secure I recommend replacing the CCU (central control unit). Please see the following image provided for instructions.
After about year and half Whirlpool duet sport gave F01 error code. The technician manual is located under the lower front panel. There are three possible reasons for F0:
1) EEPROM ERROOR. Unplug a washer for two minutes. Try running it again. (Did not work for me).
2) MAIN RELAYS ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU. The following is what I did and it fixed the problem, however. Unplug the washer. Remove the top cover by removing the three screws on the back. The CCU unit is in the right bottom corner if standing in front of the washer – it has a lot of wiring. Plug in the unit. While listening to the CCU start any washing cycle. After pressing START you should hear the relay to click. If it clicks twice, within a less than a second, it has a problem. Unplug the washer. Without disconnecting any wires remove the CCU cage from the washer wall. Stand now on the right hand side of the washer in such way that the CCU cage is under your left hand. Pull the right upper corner of the CCU plastic cage (it has a tab) away from you, slide the cage to the right by about an inch, and pull the entire cage away from you. Now knock on the back side of the cage 4-5 times with a bit of force (watch “Armageddon” movie for more instructions on it). Install the CCU cage back. Plug in the unit. Try some washing cycle again. If it did not help, repeat the procedure. If it did not work again, see the following.
3) PUMP DRIVE ERROR. The tech manual suggests replacing CCU.