Question about Nortel Business Series Terminal T7208 - digital phone
How do i change the display name on the phone?
To change greetings or name on telephone
Posted on Feb 01, 2019
A problem with answering this question is first that the main SYSTEM keeps this info not the handset, so for the 3x8, 6x16, and 8x24 systems you can do the following (PROVIDED, the installer did not change the passwords to access).
Press FEATURE * * 2 6 6 3 4 4
Enter Password: 2 6 6 3 4 4 Display will read: " A. Configuration"
Press: NEXT Display will read: "B. General Admin"
(NEXT is always the button on the right of your lines/extension list, 2nd button down from top.)
4. Press: SHOW Display will read: "1. Sys speed dial" (SHOW is one key up from NEXT)
5. Press: NEXT Display will read: "2. Names"
6. Press the SHOW Display will read: "Set names"
7. Press: SHOW Display will read: "Show set:__"
8. Enter the extension number of which you wish to change the name Display will read: "<##:name>"
9. Press the CHANGE softkey
10. Using the dial pad spell out the name Ex: If you need the letter K press the 5 key twice and then press # to confirm the letter. Continue until the entire first name is spelled. (note: you are limited to 7 characters)
11. Press: NEXT (if you fail to do this step, the name will not be saved!!!)
12. Press the RLS key
I may be mistaken however I think you have to be on a model M7310, T7316, or M7324 phone (there should be at least one usually at the main desk) in order to program I don't think you can directly do it from the T7208.
Hope this helps.
Posted on May 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2017 | Avaya Lands Phones
May 13, 2014 | Panasonic KX-T7630 Corded Phone
Nov 25, 2009 | TalkSwitch TS-9133i
Oct 13, 2009 | Canon CFX-L4000 Plain Paper Laser Fax
Sep 28, 2009 | Avaya 6408D+ 8 Button Display Telephone
Jul 09, 2009 | Toshiba DKT-2020 Corded Phone
Jun 17, 2008 | NorStar Meridian M7310 Phone
Sep 13, 2007 | Avaya Definity 6408D Corded Phone
5,226 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: