I have the longer floor model with digital control and it was working last night but i woke up at like 3 am it was freezing and the heater would not come on just a orange light....its only less than 2 months old
I have the same heater and when that happens just unplug it for about 15 minutes and plug it back in and it should work fine. It only does this for me when I am using a extension cord or a power strip. It needs a dedicated power supply (wall outlet) with nothing else attached. If you must use a extension cord I have found that the heavy gauge orange power cord is the only one that does not overheat and causes the heater to shut off. The heater comes with a 3 year warranty, the longest warranty I have ever seen with a heater.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: having a problem with a heater i bought
Please check for power to it. Maybe the power cord is broken or it may have overheated and the internal thermal protection keeps it from coming on.
Ceck for any manual resets on or inside the heater.
Unplug the power cord before going inside of it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You are lucky to be writing this, plastic fumes can be poison to humans and animals. It appears you had it in a safe area as the house did not catch on fire. I would not use the other unit but keep it. Contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say. If they want the unit back contact a lawyer before sending back. You may also ask them to cover the cost of cleanup of your home. Good Luck, Gil
ive just bought a house with unidare night stoarge heaters and one of mine hasnt worked - i found something on a site that said this:
"My Unidare storage heaters have a fused link (may be the wrong term ) that melt ever few years. Are you able to unscrew the top of the unit and look ( all turned off etc ) -A Fused link looks like an inch long piece of 5 mm solder - if yours has melted it will probably be in silver balls/blobs - replacing is easy if you have got to them."
so this could be why they arent working...
at night set the input to high (6) and output to about 3...in the morning set the output to 2/3 so a bit of heat will be released when at work, and then when you come in set the output to 6 (max)....should work! ive only just learnt what to do but ive they arent great!
I have has to deal with the same problem and have found that the spa switch is causing the problem. When I went into the lockout controls menu and locked out the spa switch I no longer had the problem. Once I figured this out and determined the spa switch was faulty I replaced the spa switch and everything is work correctly now.
Most digicam last only for about three years working in good condition, after that troubles starts to make your head turns, I suggest not to keep one longer than that period of time. Thats the reason they upgrade models every three to six months!