Question about KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven
I have kitchenaid built in microwave Model KCMS145JSS. All of a sudden, seem like something is burning when I just turn on.
The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be ready to burn out. If you smell the burning, you should then unplug the microwave, open it up and see if you can determine for sure that it is coming from that part. Unfortunately even if I am right, it is almost more cost effective to just replace the microwave rather than replace that part. You can run this microwave till it dies if you want, but I would be ready with a new one.
Let me know how this works out for you.
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2016 | Maytag MMV1164WS Microwave Oven
Jan 09, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens
Oct 18, 2014 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Nov 16, 2011 | KitchenAid KBMC140HSS Convection/Microwave...
Oct 15, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 30, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 12, 2011 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Dec 30, 2010 | KitchenAid Microwave Ovens
Oct 06, 2010 | KitchenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel...
Dec 02, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
655 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!