- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there are three usual faults that cause this
1. the scanner is unable to locate home position- remove the scan glass/ clean and lubricate all rails
2. the ribbon cable has open circuit on tracks- replace the ribbon cable connecting the scanner to printer
3. the printer main PCA has failed and cannot control the scanner- replace main PCA
Scanner error #6 = DocOriginFind Per the service manual here are the steps:
1 - Power Cycle the Machine (I'm sure you've done this already) 2 - Replace the Scanner Assembly (After replacing this if the message still appears then.. ) 3 - Replace the Formatter and Line Interface Unit (LIU)
switch off the printer, then remove all cables connecting to the printer but just the power cable. -then press and hold the *(start/symble) and 5 button togather and turn on the printer. -continue holding the button till you see "perment storage init" displayed and releas the button. -then at a given point of time the printer will ask you to change laguage,time,date etc. if this does not sort the issue service is required.
hp laserjet 3055 by scanner error 6
Solution: I found a very small piece of paper between the glass and the scanner housing. The lamp's seen that and sent the error message. Nobody find that little stucked paper and the "IT expert" sad: need to buy a new machine because he can't repair it. So, sometimes the solution is very easy just need some attention. :)