Question about Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic Breeze? QUADRA GP Silent (SI861) (2 Pack) Air Purifier
To let you know when the ionic breeze is working properly (Green Light) and when it needs to be cleaned (Blue light). Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 19, 2010
Ionic breeze purifier are not being manufactured anymore because of heath concerns. New model use a completely different technology. Parts are also not distributed anymore.
I suggest replacing the ionic purifier with a different air purifier.
Please read the article below:
Ionic Breeze Health Concerns
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
MY QUADRA STARTED TO FLASH WHEN I CLEANED IT, NOW IT DOES'NT WORK JUST FLASHES. IS THERE A RESET PROCESS.
Posted on Apr 23, 2010
There isn't one. The reason why Sharper Image went out of business is because the Ionic Breeze was proven to be ineffective product and harmful to use in some cases based on Consumer Reports data as well as data from the EPA. They sued Consumer Reports, lost the case, and had to pay all the legal bills.
The Consumer Products Safety Commission is going to making decision on all ionizers by the end of the year. It's quite possible that no one will be selling them anymore.
There is thread I left in the Ionic Breeze section about the EPA data on ionizers and the harmful effects of using them as well as a link about what happen to Sharper Image.
This product should have been regulated a long time ago. Orek and few others are going to be pulling the plug on them real soon.
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
The blue means the germicidal lamp is operating. Re: green light - Normal operation at all power levels involves a pre-programmed cycle of altering high and low air movement. Press the the green to override the regular power control setting and run the unit at maximum power for five minutes. Your previously selected power level will resume after the five minutes has elapsed.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
Wher can you return it? Does anyone have and address? My Dads unit has a blinking blue light and the folks at sharper image say to bad so sad only after 2 months out of warrenty. Is there any one out there that can help? I am done buying things from Sharper Image with their attitude! [email protected]
Posted on Mar 25, 2008
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You don't want to remove both sides, just one side is fine.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2015 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Mar 12, 2015 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Sep 08, 2010 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Mar 27, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Dec 03, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Nov 14, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Sep 28, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Jun 15, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
May 29, 2008 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Sep 27, 2014 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
1,998 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!