To adjust manual convergence on your projection TV, follow theses steps:
- Turn your TV on.
- Let it warm up for 30 minutes.
- Press the Menu button on your remote. The Main menu appears.
- Use your remote to select Function, and then press the joystick.
- Select Convergence, and then press the joystick. The Manual Convergence screen appears.
- Select Red, and then press the joystick. A series of crosshairs appears on the screen.
- Select one of the outside crosshairs by moving the joystick up/down/right/left or by pressing the 2 (up), 4 (left), 6 (right), or 8 (down) buttons on your remote. The method you use depends on the model of remote you have.
Note: You must do the outside crosshairs first.
- In the crosshair you selected, if you can see a horizontal red line, use the CH up or CH down buttons to move the line so that it is superimposed on the horizontal center line of the crosshair.
Note: Make the single horizontal line as white as possible.
- In the crosshair you selected, if you can see a vertical red line, use the Vol + or Vol - buttons to move the line so that it is superimposed on the vertical center line of the crosshair.
Note: Make the single vertical line as white as possible.
- Repeat for all outside crosshairs, and then for the inside crosshair.
- Return to the Manual Convergence Screen, and select Blue, and then press the joystick.
- Repeat Steps 7 through 10 for Blue.
- Press the Menu button on your remote to exit.
The directions above work for most Samsung Rear Projection TVs. Yours may be different. For exact directions to perform manual convergence, see your user's manual. If you don't have your user's manual on hand, click HERE
to view your manual on line.
If you cannot get your Projection TV to converge, it may need to be serviced. To arrange a service appointment, call Samsung Customer Care at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864). Have your TV's model number and serial number on hand when you call.