Reset the power module and test the power
Step one: Reset the power moduleThe power module has a safety feature inside that protects the product during a power surge. If you experienced a recent power surge, the power module might need to be reset. Use the following steps to reset the power module.
Step two: Test the power on the All-in-OneFollow these steps to test the power on the product.
- Unplug the power supply from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
- If the product uses a power module with a detachable power cord, disconnect the cord from the power module.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power module.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector.
- Check to see if the power module has an LED.
- If the power module does not have an LED, continue to the next step.
- If the power module has an LED, check to see if the LED lights up.
If the LED does not light up, contact HP to replace the power module. To buy a compatible power module, right-click the following link, How to Buy HP , and then click Open in New Window .
- If the LED lights up, continue to the next step.
- Reconnect the power supply to the rear of the product.
Press and quickly release the Power button ( ) to start a Power On/Off cycle. Do not hold the button down.
Figure 1: Press and quickly release the Power button
If you press and hold the Power button too long, the product might turn on and then off without restarting. If this hap3210 printer won't respond!!! - c01602202.gifnd quickly release the Power button ( ) again.
Solution four: Test the power with a compatible power cord from a different product
If you have another available power cord that is compatible with your product, use the alternate cord to repeat the steps in Solution three: Reset the power module and test the power .
If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting.
If the issue persists , see the next step.
If the product turns on with the alternate power cord, the original power cord caused the issue. Contact HP to replace the power cord. Right-click the following link, How to Buy HP , to buy a compatible power cord.
If the product does not turn on with the alternate power cord, continue to the next step.