The only real way to make this printer wireless, is to connect its ethernet port to a wireless router and via the router, send jobs to the printer wirelessly. hope this helps. Cost is about $60-$70 for the router.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I've just bought a brother printer and find that when I print onto cd labels i've used before, the ink is not setting. I have never had this problem before with these labels, so now am concerned that the only new addition is the printer. Why should this happen? Is it the ink they use?
You can set the MFC-9440CN to print with the black toner cartridge only through the printer drivers.
If you are using Mac, this needs to be changed before you print or set a preset.
If you are using windows, follow the below steps.
1. Go to Start menu \ Control Panel \ Printers (devices and printers for windows 7)
2. Right click on the MFC-9440CN and select "printing preferences"
3. Under the "basic" tab, you will see "color mode"; simply select "mono"
The MFC-9440CN should be able to work even if one or more of the color cartridges are empty.
here's what you can do to print in black only.
1. Unplug the power to the MFC-9440CN
2. Clear the print queue on your computer so that there are no jobs waiting.
3. Right click on the MFC-9440CN printer icon and select "printing preferences"
4. Select "mono" as the color mode.
5. Turn the power back on for the printer.
Now when you print it will be in black only and it should work even if all 3 colored toner's are empty.