Question about Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air Purifier
Ionic breeze gp no lights, no nothing
Check power cord. If power cord has a built in fuse, replace it.
If the model is post 2007, to get parts or repair contact Ionic Breeze support. Here contact page.
If the model was manufactured before 2007, read below, in that case I suggest not proceeding with the repair.
I want to call attention on the fact that several of old Ionic Breeze models are not being manufactured anymore because of health concerns. New model use a completely different technology. Parts for old models that raised concerns are not distributed anymore.
I suggest contacting manufacturer, if parts are not available, then the purifier was among the ones related to health concer. In that case I suggest replacing the ionic purifier with a different air purifier.
Please read the article below:
Ionic Breeze Health Concerns
Posted on Oct 07, 2010
SOURCE: IONIC BREEZE GP
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You want to take off the screws from both sides but only remove one side.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
SOURCE: ionic breeze gp
Check the post here from babbabear64 regarding problems with the units and subsequent bankruptcy:
I attempted to send you a message with my email address. I don't know if that is what we are supposed to do. If it did not make it, perhaps you could click on my user name and send me a message. Sorry, I'm new to fixya and not sure how to establish contact with another member.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
these things are junk. you could also be doing more harm than good to yourself and the indoor air quality in your home with the amount of ozone these appliances omit into the air. throw it away
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2015 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Feb 16, 2008 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
May 30, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Oct 31, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Sep 16, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Sep 11, 2009 | Sharper Image Hybrid GP (SI724) Air...
Aug 28, 2008 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...
Aug 18, 2008 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Jun 22, 2008 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
1,727 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: