- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My unit would display e001 and e003 errors. Cleaning the filter and replacing the ceramic ozone plate did not fix it. Ended up taking the board out and inspecting it. Three capacitors were bad. After replacing, the system is working again.
Your ozone generator may have gone bad. It's the small black rectangular looking apparatus located near the bottom of the unit. It usually has a zip tie holding it to the circuit board. You will have to take the Flair out of it's case to see it. Make sure it's unplugged and remove the bolt from the bottom of the unit. You can then slide the framework out of the casing. It's also possible that it's time to replace your Ceramic Ozone Plates. They have a life expectancy of 2 to 4 years. The Flair has two of them that slide into slots in the rear of the unit. You can see them when you remove the washable filter. All items can be purchased on Ebay. DM
the UV lamp does produce some ozone .. this one specifies .04 ppm .. thats not very much but might be detectable as a slight fresh air odor .. some other types use electrostatic filtering and some even have strong ozone generators .. ozone does kill bacteria, fungus and such and will freshen the air removing many odors but is not considered healthy in large or concentrated amounts or for prolonged periods .. the UV lamp will also kill bacteria and fungus without producing so much ozone.
Purifying Method: Photoplasma, UV, ions, and ozone.
The Classic XL-15 should have 2 individual indicator lights. The 'red' light is the ionizer indicator, and the 'green' light is the ozone level indicator. Both lights should be illuminated, if the unit is operating properly. The red light should be pulsing, and the green light should be dimly lit, and brightened as the output knob is turned up - indicating a higher ozone production. If the green light is not lit, you likely won't smell the ozone. The first thing you should try, is cleaning the filter and glass ozone plate. Unplug the unit and remove the rear air filter. Clean the filter with clean water and allow to COMPLETELY air dry. Removed the glass plate by depressing the lever behind the glass plate, and gently pulling it out. Clean the glass with a half water, half ammonia (or distilled white vinegar, if ammonia not available) and an old toothbrush to clean between the mesh. Dry plate with a hair dryer and re-place plate into unit. Replace dried air filter, making sure the little tab on the bottom is secured into the interlock. Power the unit on and you should see the indicator lights and smell the fresh ozone!
You can pull off the rear filter, pull the ozone plates, defeat the safety interlock, turn the unit on, and place a screw driver (holding the plastic handle) one one of the ozone bars, and try to make an arc between the screwdriver and the other bar.
If you get an arc, the ozone plates are dirty. Clean well with a brush and sudsy ammonia. If no arc, either the hv transformer is bad, the main circuit board is bad, or the ozone control is bad.
There's one other thing you can check: The two wires that connect to the ozone bars can arc to the chassis sometimes. You can inspect the insulation on those wires to make sure it is intact.
Several possiblities here. Not static sound means the plasma discharge plates aren't energized.
1) Missing, cracked or defective discharge plate (you say you cleaned the filter - did you mean the lint screen in back, or the glass or white ceramic plate inside)? No plate, no ozone (O3) production.
2) Bad connection in the high voltage leads*.
3) Bad electrical components*.
*I'm not an electrician, and recommend that only qualified personnel troubleshoot high voltage electronic, both for safety, and for preventing further damage to circuitry. Visible problems, such as corroded or broken terminals that can be swapped when it's de-energized (unplugged) is one thing; having to dig deeper into the electronics is something that I expect to rapidly end up costing more than it's worth.
Moist air reduces the efficiency of ozone production for this unit. I am not sure what the water thing is about.
Did you try cleaning the glass plate or ceramic plate ozone producing unit with soap free ammonia? Also did you try using a pencil eraser on the contact points on the glass plate? I think the ammonia cleaning and contact points on the glass plate should be your first option. Check your maintenance on the units manual.
Try the manufacturers website for their trouble shooting guide...walks you through most problems and how to fix them.