Switching from auto to manual focus
AF/MF (Auto Focus/Manual Focus)
* The AF/MF function works in CAMERA, M.REC mode only.
* In most situations, it is better to use the automatic focus feature, as it enables you to concentrate on the creative side of your recording.
* Manual focusing may be necessary under certain conditions that make automatic focusing difficult and/or unreliable.
* If you are inexperienced in the use of camcorders, we recommend that you make use of Auto Focus.
In the following situations, you may obtain better results by adjusting the focus manually:
* A picture containing several objects, some close to the camcorder, others further away.
* A person enveloped in fog or surrounded by snow.
* Very shiny or glossy surfaces like a car.
* People or objects moving constantly or quickly like an athlete or a crowd.
Follow These Simple Steps To Set The Manual Focus
1. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the FOCUS is highlighted and then press the ENTER button. M. FOCUS(MF) will display.
3. Turn the MENU DIAL up or down until the object is in focus. Zoom out a little if focusing is difficult.
4. To return to AF (Auto Focus: ), press the ENTER button again.