Question about Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
My tomtom one gps suddenly lost its ability to find satellite signal. I've had it over a year and it has never taken over a few minutes to get satellite signal. So, I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there anything I can do?
When was the last time you updated the QuickFix of your TomTom? It helps your GPS to find the satellites.
Please, do the following:
1) Install "TomTom Home" software in your computer from www.tomtom.com
2) Start TomTom Home in your computer
3) Plug in the GPS dock to your computer's USB port and place the GPS on the dock. The green light on the bottom right of the GPS should turn ON to indicate that the GPS is getting power from the dock and charging
4) Start your GPS while being in the dock. If the GPS asks "do you want to connect to computer" answer "YES"
5) The TomTom Home software will detect the GPS and check if there are any updates for it. Then you'll be offered updates to install. Some are free, some are not. Be sure you choose to update "QuickFix".
Please, report back if you need further assistance
My ID: alexocuello_
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
When updating my tomtom xl the message "operation cancelled by user" when in fact I did not touch unit,besides this i also receive the message that "no valid gps signal is found. Thanks for any help offered,unit is just out of guarantee LostBob
Posted on Apr 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2014 | Tomtom GPS
Jan 05, 2011 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Dec 08, 2010 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Jul 01, 2010 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Aug 28, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jul 24, 2009 | Tomtom XL 330 Car GPS Receiver
Jun 18, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Mar 07, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jul 09, 2008 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
1,200 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!