Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Following steps can fix your Issue
1. Please confirm you are able to print by connecting the printer to the Vista computer directly.
2. Click Start - select Control Panel then switch it to Classic View from left side.
3. Double click on Printers & Click on 'Add a Printer'.
4. Select 'Add a local printer' & Click next.
5. Select 'Create a new port'.
6. Select 'Standard TCP/IP Port' as 'Type of port' then click 'Next'
7. Enter the IP Address of the Print Server in the 'Hostname or IP address' field.
8. Uncheck 'Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use' & Cilck next.
9. Select 'Custom' then Click on 'Settings' on the next dialogue box.
10. On the next dialogue box, select 'LPR' as the 'Protocol'.
11. Under the LPR Settings put in any name for the 'Queue Name'.
12. Check 'LPR Byte Counting Enabled' then click on OK and next.
13. Select the Manufacturer and the Model Number of the printer. If it is not available then click on 'Have Disk'. Click 'Next'.
14. Check 'Set as the default printer' and click next.
15. Try to print test page, it'll print.
Posted on Mar 16, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks prakash. Has done the trick."
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2014 | Zonet Zpw4000 1 port Usb 2.0 Wireless...
Dec 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 05, 2009 | NetGear WGPS606 (WGPS606NAR) Print Server
May 01, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 21, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 06, 2018 | NetGear WGPS606 (WGPS606NAR) Print Server
Mar 10, 2008 | NetGear WIRELESS PRINT SERVER 54MBPS...
Mar 14, 2007 | NetGear PS111W Print Server
269 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!